Netscape Basher wrote:
> Christopher Jahn typed:
>
>> And it came to pass that blackbox wrote:
>>

>>> "Jonas Jørgensen" wrote

>>>    what makes them has that recognition, be trustworthy,
>>>    and be able to define an standard?
>>

>> This group was established to create the World Wide Web in the first
>> place.   They did it by defining the standards that would allow
>> software to be created that could use the standards to browse the
>> internet.  Without the standards set up by the W3c in the first place,
>> there could be no WWW.
>

> False. It would of formed. No one group can claim to have founded the
> world wide web.

Bundy, you're baiting.  And it's 'would have', not 'would of'.

>> This is why they are the recognized international organization that
>> sets the standards for the WWW.
>

> Wrong. They are one of many groups that makes this claim. It is
> interesting that the mozilla.org site is non-w3c compliant. When it is,
> let me know.

In a different post, I discuss your claim that things are (or are not)
'w3c compliant'; you're /way/ off track with that one.

>>> I have visited those sites many times, and i still have not
>>> found when, where, how and why the standard was born.
>>

>> Look at the creation date of the Consortium.
>

> The w3c is irrelvant. Nothing but pro-Linux, MS hating folks.

Then, as good, anti-Linux, M$-loving folk, shouldn't you be using IE 6?
  After all, you're the one who keeps wanting to insist that /it/ is the
standard.

Here's an experiment:  Go to the M$ site, and find the IE home page
(it's http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/ie6/default.asp);
then try to find the documentation on IE 6, read thro' it, and come back
and tell us what /concrete/ information you've been able to find about
IE's standards support/compliance.  I've tried, but all I come up
against is obfuscatory marketing gibberish that makes my brain feel all
soft and spongy.

Brian

--

We sail tonight for Singapore | We're all as mad as hatters here
I've fallen for a tawny moor | Took off to the land of Nod

         -- Tom Waits, 'Singapore'