On Nov 6, 5:46 pm, "William Stein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Cactus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 6, 5:28 pm, "Jason Martin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >> Now you're starting to make me nervous that there is a repository
> >> problem!!  I spent many hours merging Moller's gmp_h.in into ours.  I
> >> also replaced the GMP gcd routine with Moller's so his routines should
> >> be getting called.

Hi William,

I understand the desire for distribution but I don't think that our
limited support for SVN should damn it.

Pretty well all of my open source projects use SVN these days and I
can honestly say that SVN has been flawless on all my projects except
eMPIRe.

If we cannot maintain an SVN repository can we not simply host the
project on SourceForge?  I know that people have said it is slow but
it is nowhere near as slow as our own SVN repository!!   And, right
now, Jason, myself and maybe others cannot do any work on eMPIRe until
we solve this problem.

Turning to Mercurial and Git, the latter has almost non existent
support on Windows so I would not be able to use it.  And the
Mercurial support on Windows is limited to the 32-bit OS's since there
is no 64-bit shell extension (or wasn't when I looked) and I don't now
run any 32-bit Windows OS's so I would not be able to use this
either.

This doesn't rule out either Mercurial or Git if people want to go
down this path but I would then have to do my Windows eMPIRe support
via some other method.

In contrast SVN is fully integrated in Microsoft Visual Studio so I
can do all my repository operations direct from my IDE.

    best regards,