157 tests:
          2 failed to build
          118 ran correctly
          37 failed
.. completed - press ENTER
I can't explain the two that failed to build but I also find the 37
test failures, which means that something has changed since I last
built the win32 version.

Sadly I don't often build this version as I am running only x64 code
now (all tests pass on x64).

So I have no idea where the problem lies - I have had a quick look but
there is nothing obvious wrong.
I believe that there is nothing obviously wrong as well, since I can now use the MPIR library with MPFR to compile my MEX function. The results obtained appear to be reasonable, and indeed Win32 is slowing becoming something of the past.

Interestingly all the tests pass for both win32 and x64 using Visual
Studio 2010.

I doubt that I can offer you a solution as it will be unproductive
from my point of view to spend time debugging win32 code - especially
so since it works in win32 using Visual Studio 2010.

If that is the case, then there is a possibility that the Visual Studio 2010 compiler has some bug fixes of its own. It will be exciting to obtain this particular compiler --- apparently we are only one day away from the "official" release. There should also be a preview release version available as well.

Brian, thank you very much for your help and for your work on the Visual Studio files, and I would also like to extend a big thank you to the rest of the MPIR community. Not to wax poetic or philosophical here, it's amazing just how nice it is to receive help here.

Nicholas