Doing the same for configfsf.sub we get

diff config-5ac8187868dd8955d5051dfb4ff56e69abe80dbd/config.sub
mpir/trunk/configfsf.sub
4a5,6
> #
> #   Copyright 2008 William Hart
10a13,14
> # In particular, this version of the file has been modified for the MPIR
> # program.
24,25c28,29
< # Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330,
< # Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.
---
> # Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor,
> # Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
303c307,308
<       | clipper-* | cydra-* \
---
>       | core2-* \
>       | clipper-* | cydra-* \
330c335,336
<       | none-* | np1-* | nv1-* | ns16k-* | ns32k-* \
---
>       | nocona-* \
>       | none-* | np1-* | nv1-* | ns16k-* | ns32k-* \
332,334c338,342
<       | pdp10-* | pdp11-* | pj-* | pjl-* | pn-* | power-* \
<       | powerpc-* | powerpc64-* | powerpc64le-* | powerpcle-* | ppcbe-* \
<       | pyramid-* \
---
>       | pdp10-* |  pdp11-* | pj-* | pjl-* | pn-* | power-* \
>       | pentium4-* \
>       | powerpc-* | powerpc64-* | powerpc64le-* | powerpcle-* | ppcbe-* \
>       | prescott-* \
>       | pyramid-* \
444c452,455
<       cray | j90)
---
>       core-*)
>               basic_machine=i686-`echo $basic_machine | sed 's/^[^-]*-//'`
>               ;;
>       cray | j90)
793c804
<       pentiumpro | p6 | 6x86 | athlon | athlon_*)
---
>       pentiumpro | p6 | 6x86 | athlon | k7 | k7_* |athlon_*)
799,801d809
<       pentium4)
<               basic_machine=i786-pc
<               ;;
805c813
<       pentiumpro-* | p6-* | 6x86-* | athlon-*)
---
>       pentiumpro-* | p6-* | 6x86-* | athlon-* | k7-*)
811,813d818
<       pentium4-*)
<               basic_machine=i786-`echo $basic_machine | sed 's/^[^-]*-//'`
<               ;;
1102c1107
<       *-unknown)
---
>       *-unknown | *-pc | *-apple)

You can see that except for the very last diff , the only changes are that
specific cpu models have been added , this is the wrong place to add them , and
anyway some other models are missing and we know it works on all of them. So
the only thing we have to worry about is the "unknown | pc | apple "   bit.
They dont have this anyway in the latest , so we may need to add it back in.
The pc bit was added in svn rev 1805 following this thread

http://groups.google.com/group/mpir-
devel/browse_thread/thread/eeafdd119660cad9/6ecdea0122067d44?lnk=gst&q=*-
pc+allready#6ecdea0122067d44

Which was a configure failure on a 32bit ASUS EE PC with atom cpu. I'll leave
out the change for the moment , and see if it still works. If it doesn't then
we should push this change upstream.

Jason