>Ok, this is what we have:
>
>-Connecting one PC to one MSX using RS232. That's possible and easy, but I
>guess I'm ot the only one without a RS232 interface for MSX (which are too
>expensive for me and for what I want to do with it)

Correct

>-Connecting one or more PC'es to one or more MSX'es in a real token RING
>(hehe) LAN using MIDI-IN and OUT. On MSX, a lot of people have a MIDI-port.
>MusMod, tR-GT and a bunch of others. Special drivers could be written for
>every module. On PC, this requires a soundcard

Why? You can use the PC's COM-port. You only need a level converter to
set the RS-232 +/- 12V signal to a 'normal' 5V ...

> and a (rather expensive) cable,

Not true anymore. SB/joy-to-MIDI cables cost no more than about HFL 30
($17) nowadays...

 [MIDI on PC]
> I've looked at it,
>but it seems rather complicated to achieve raw data transfer in VC++5...
>Perhaps it's easier with Delphi.

Guess not. No matter which developing invironment you choose, the Windows
APIs set the standard. If the MIDI API doesn't permit raw data I/O then
you can forget it (I think. I'm not really into programming M$)

>Using MIDI, it's possible to make a REAL LAN. Not too fast, but doesn't
>require rare or expensive hardware.

However, there are still a whole lot of MSX-people without a MIDI device.
Joystick ports are in every MSX!

>-Connecting PC's and MSX'es using the PCs LPT port and MSXs joystickport.
>There is some kind of standard (could somebody give me the URL to the
>scheme?) for connecting 2 MSX'es and I guess it's not too hard to use a
>compatible standard using the LPT port. So, with standard hardware we can
>hook up MSX'es and PC'es together in a LAN. We only need some wires, plugs
>and a soldering-iron and ofcourse the software.

Right.

>Drawback is that on MSX this can't be interrupt-driven so you need polling
>which is not very suited in a token ring LAN IMHO.

Depends on your needs.  You don't want to access complete file systems using
your LAN (I presume ;-)) only some basic and small communication method