People,

> Kari Lammassaari was also makeing some kind of utility to transfer
> files between MSX and PC by using MSX's joystick port and PC's
> paraller port. (...)

  Has a software/cable called 'acrobat' that transform the joystick
  port in a RS232. You can found more information about in the web
  page of Genuine Network (search in Baboo or MRC, please). Using it
  you can connect without problems in other serial port (PC, Amiga,
  Mac, Atari ST, other MSX, etc...)

  A other soluction is a mini-LAN used in the schools in the old
  USSR. I don't know how this things runs but I have a version of
  MSX-DOS adapted to run in 'networks'. But I never found some
  information about the HARDWARE!!! Any former-sovietic student
  can help me?

> We talked about this about half year ago, and at that moment he
> had some probbles in timeing. He said, that about 1bit in every
> 5Mb file was allways broken (same probblem ???). Anyway I also
> heard rumours, that this probblem does not exist anymore... I
> don't know...

  Is a high error ratio. Common networks works with a BER (Binary
  Error Ration) lower than 10^-8, i.e., each 10^-8 bits sent one
  bit is wrong (inverted).

  The ideal can be a a real network for share files/resourcers into
  MSX and PC???

---
Giovanni Nunes - http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/2472/
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"... the world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles
 dare not perch." - Duke of Gloucester, Richard III (Act.1/Sc.3)

     /"\
     \ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
      X    ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
     / \