-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Randy Simons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Aan: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Datum: woensdag 15 juli 1998 22:04
Onderwerp: Re: MSX PC local network

:Really interesting, that 1212 cardridge with LAN, I never knew it existed.
:But this hardware is very rare, and even harder to get and even harder to
:get more than one. True, it would be *excellent* for what we want: a
:connection between MSX'es and PC('s).
:
:So, what we need is something that hardly requires extra hardware. Luckily,
:MSX has really nice joystickports, which can do much more than that. They
:have 2 (or 3, I don't remeber exactly) outputs, and 5 inputs.

Left/Right/Up/Down = input
Trig1/Trig2=input/output (if output selected input is not possible)
pin 8 output=output

:It shouldn't
:be too hard to wire this to the PC'es parallel port, since all you need
:is... wire! (and 2 connectors) So, we only need some software. The main
:problem here is the actual data-transfer, but since we have at least 2
:inputs on our MSX it's possible to make a synchronate-signal and one
:databit-signal. I think it's even possible to make this in pure BASIC on
the
:MSX. The PC-part is perhaps not as easy, but someone who has used the
:hardware directly won't have any trouble making this to. When things are
:made in assembly on MSX, perhaps we can get a reasonable transfer-rate.

I think that when you want to transfer data between an MSX and a PC you
should just use the normal MSX-RS232. There are alot of them, both Sony and
Philips have produced them. Also there is a new one in development.