] On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Giovanni R. Nunes wrote:
]
] >   And don't forget! What means "pia" in portuguese? :)
]
]       That's easy, "pia" means "boy" or "child".
]
]       Someone asked about PC memory management in real mode. There are
] three ways to do it:
]
]       In short, memory management in the PC sucks.
]
Only in real mode. But who is still using real mode these days...?

Just use a 32-bit extender for DOS or use a real 32-bit OS (like linux, os2,
solaris, winnt, beos, etc). Then all memorymanagement problems are gone and
the PC becomes a very wonderfull machine. Theoretically capable of emulating
a MSX with 4MB memory mapper in every subslot...

Besides, I saw Linus yesterday on CNN. He is much cooler then Bil. So, I've
decided to become a Linus fan in stead of a Bil fan ;-)

Kind regards,
Alex Wulms
--
Alex Wulms/XelaSoft - MSX of anders NIX - Linux 4 ever
See my homepage for info on the  *** XSA *** format