> Yes! Those russian spectrum freaks are really great! The most
> spectacular things I have seen for Spectrum are DOOM (yes, 3D!) and
> Mortal Kombat!
> By the way, I have heard of an spectrum emulator for MSX. It really
> works?

Doom (or was it wolvenstein?) was also done for the Sega Megadrive (also
known as Genesis). It kinda works, at a reasonable speed so I really think
it should be possible on MSX too. However, it looked like shit.
(the Sega Megadrive has about the same processorpower as MSX. However, it
just looks a little nicer because the videochip is more advanced. In fact,
almost all power of the Sega Megadrive is based on its videochip.) (the
SNES-videochip though was MUCH better. In contrary to the Sega Genesis the
SNES had 1. processorpower, 2. Much more colors, and 3. More planes. If you
play a Genesis on an Emulator you can really see the big difference. In
addition, the SNES has capabilities like zooming and rotating, transparent
planes (very, very awesome! Much cooler than the zooming.)

> > C64 is the computer with the best built-in sound capabilities of ITS
AGE.

> About C64, I were 6 years old the last time I played with one, and then,
> it seemed wonderful to me. Recently I downloaded the C64 emu for PC, and
> also one game, "HERO" (which was the first game I ever played on a
> computer). And the MSX version is much better than the C64 version...
> perhaps the HERO conversion to C64 wasn't good, I don't know...

I really liked HERO on the MSX...

A friend of mine had a C64, and I played on it once... There was some really
stupid, blocky game with very little colors... Well like a bad MSX1 game
(well I have seen worse MSX1 games).

Anyways, it was long ago I don't really remember much of it... But I
remember I brought my Quickshot joystick once, which had a switch at the
bottom to use it on a C64...

          email me: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or ICQ: 10196372
             visit the Datax homepage at http://datax.cjb.net/
MSX fair Bussum / MSX Marathon homepage: http://msxfair.cjb.net/