Laurens Holst wrote:

> > >You're insane!
> >
> > I hear "you're insane!" or something like that many times when I say that,
> > but I don't change my opinion, I don't like Final Fantasy, for me it's
>still
> > the most overrated game ever!
>
>Too bad, honestly.

Although I liked playing FF7, and played 2 and 5 for a short time, I think
the FF series is indeed overrated. I played FF8 for only a few minutes,
then I lost interest.

I can list a huge amount of RPG's I like better than any of the FF series,
but I won't coz it's not important.
Square's music is also overrated... On the internet everyone wants the
newest Square MP3's, while every sane person would know Falcom music (or
even Konami) is far better. (is it not?)

> > I don't remember invisible enemies..anyway, it was a long ago I played
>this
> > game. And yeah, compete with CT is really hard (CT beats the hell out of
>FF!
> > Never understood why they took so long to release a sequel)
>
>They are always on the same spot, and they appear when you come too close,
>but at first they are invisible and their attack comes as a surprise.

That's an interesting concept, I think I'll give Chrono Trigger a try :)

> > A Mage could become a
> > Wizard, then the sprite for it would change, other things could change, a
> > Fighter could become a Warrior. You know, this could keep the interest of
> > the player, to see "what next" his players will become
>
>It is done in many games. However, I haven't seen it in any MSX game so far
>(well Sorcerian probably does this I think).
>
>Very good idea. Noted.

Hydlide 3 does it too... There's even the secret class of 'monster', but I
don't know how to get it! You seem to get it totally at random, or maybe
there's a code? At least I got it a few times when trying to get the best
'fighter' or 'thief'.

And maybe Wizardry? But I'm not sure about that one.

Also, the NES game Faxanadu (designed by Falcom!) has a character that
every few levels gets a different class, but it has nothing to do with its
abilities though.

Personally I don't like character classes all that much. It's ok for
different characters to evolve in different ways (some better at magic,
others better at fighting etc..), but I don't like to brand them with a
certain name.

Also I like the option to choose in which direction your character should
evolve. Like Final Fantasy Mystiq Quest (Adventure) for gameboy. You can
choose 'strength', 'magic', 'stamina' and 'will'.

Then again, the RPG I have in my head for over 6 years has the feature
where you can influence the main character's nature (whether he's nice or
not and stuff).

Greetz,

         Patriek