> As said, I think most MicroCabin games are really programmed terribly bad.
> Take a look at the speed of Akin and Ys II / III (all three astonashing
> pieces of programming-art) and you might understand what I mean.

Yes, the scrolling of Ys2 and DS6 was many times better than that of XAK2/3.
But on the other hand, and this
should be taken in consideration before branding XAK2/3 as bad, that those
latter games had really awesome monster and character 'sprites' (I know
they're not real sprites) as opposed to the 16x16 sprites of Ys2 and DS6.

P.