I am sorry to disagree with all of this, but if you sell anything, you
can't expect that the buyer will msg you saying "ooohh... that is awesome!"

Forget about games... imagine you are selling shoes... and you put a tag in
the shoe saying: "if you like this shoe, please mail me telling so"...
that's wrong.

In a real business (and if you charging for something you should act like
one) if you want to know ppl opinion about something YOU go after the
costumers... so have your ever think of that? Why don't you get the
client's email when you sell a game? Then you can email every single buyer
asking how they feel about the game, how it could be improved, create a
mail-list so they can exchange in-game expiriences, etc.

You can't expect ppl to do anything for you... you must do it by yourself!!!
And that's why there is so many ppl making money in market research...
because if you dont ask your costumers what they want, you will never know.

At 03:39 PM 04/06/2000 GMT, you wrote:
>>  Maybe if the e-mail was put in the game, it would be easy. On the games
>>I have (PA3 and Lost World) there is not even a word about home page in the
>>manual.
>
>I don't think it'd really help. I just think there's nobody taking the
>effort of sending some kind of comment, neither positive nor negative. The
>fact that someone is willing to pay a certain amount of money for your
>creation, stands for some kind of appreciation. They see the game exposed at
>a fair, and think: I want that! So they buy it... Ofcourse most of them
>don't take the effort of making any compliments directly towards the
>developer of the game. Another way of knowing your work is appreciated, is
>by seeing a certain amount of game tips for the game you created published
>in magazines. But most of the magazines nowadays lack tips for recently
>released games, and if they do, they are generally not quite helpful.
>
>>   If you distribute the game for free and put a reminder on the opening
>>screen like "If you like this game, please, e-mail us at: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>and say us, so we may continue developing"
>
>I don't believe this would work... And besides, one may write that just
>because he's afraid that if he doesn't, another MSX-team will stop. By
>paying money for a game, it needs some extra consideration if you really
>want to support the team in question or that you'd preferrably buy yourself
>some hours of enjoying a game.
>
>>keep developing for MSX. But once I had paid, I don't feel I have any
>>obligation
>>to send an e-mail to you saying "Oh! It's good! Keep the good job!".
>
>Well, it's a misunderstanding on beforehand if you think it's an obligation.
>Players would have to do that spontaneously, or else the attention wouldn't
>have any meaning at all.
>
>Rieks.
>the body (not the subject) of the message.
>Problems? contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>More information on MSX can be found in the following places:
> The MSX faq: http://www.faq.msxnet.org/
> The MSX newsgroup: comp.sys.msx
> The MSX IRC channel: #MSX on Undernet
>****