adding recaptcha to an existing site would not be too difficult, and would get
the job done.

if you decide to overhaul... I'm partial to Rails, it's pretty awesome.
(disclosure I'm a ruby/rails developer as my day job)
there are a handful of CMS solutions for rails 3, here are two options that
look decent... I could help customize
http://refinerycms.com/
http://www.browsercms.org/

-D