On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 01:22:32PM -0700, Brian G. wrote:
> that seems to me like a translation problem, not a unicode problem.  you
> want Picard to translate. ok.  it's not a "Unicode tagging issues" it's a
> lack of translation feature Picard (which tags - hence "tagging") can
> currently deal with unicode just fine AFAICT

Just removing all Unicode characters doesn't work for albums completely in
other scripts (e.g. Greek, Chinese). Yes, Picard can remove all the "bad"
characters, but it can't do so in a way which leaves the data in a usuable
state. I'm not entirely sure what happens if you set Picard to write Latin1
tags, but I'm sure it doesn't leave people with usable metadata for Chinese
releases.

--Nikki