On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 07:44:37AM +0200, Lauri Watts wrote:
> On 5/3/07, Kuno Woudt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There are plenty of examples though among older releases.  Here's a couple:
> http://musicbrainz.org/release/c126ed23-b4be-414e-b7ad-c806e4136d5a.html
> (tracknames are either english, one case of romanji, and a few the
> japanese interpretation of writing russian in latin script)
> or http://musicbrainz.org/release/2310c2a1-a723-488c-899d-eaf1c48c825f.html
> (although there's a track or two in romanji there too)

Usually when there is romanji, it's a transliterated tracklisting, which
should have status pseudo-release (and linked to the actual tracklisting
with the transliterated AR).  I did the linking for AURORA, but couldn't
find an original tracklisting for the Mind Game OST in MB currently.

I really don't care about capitalization issues on pseudo-releases,
they're obviously not how the artist intended, so following japanese
capitalization on the basis of artist intent seems very silly for those.

Perhaps a short note on transliteration/translation should be added to
the wiki page, with a link here:
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/TranslationTransliterationRelationshipType

> In any case, it's a bit of a dodgy idea.  I should mention, I don't
> entirely agree with all that goes on, but I do think it's worthy of
> documentation.  And it's easier to talk about changes when everyone is
> clear what's already going on.

I agree, so let's get this documented, and afterward I'll be interested
in your objections ;)

> I think you raised good points about titling too, you should add that
> http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/CapitalizationStandard/JapaneseArtistsException

Ok, will do.

-- kuno.