Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

> Sorry, no. Mailing lists are mailing lists.
> Participation is expected, not
> just one way communication.

Actually, the custom is to reply to the person and CC to the list :-)

> I don't use auto_view or any settings in my muttrc and the mailcap works
> fine

Interesting...

> however if you set it explicitly look at use_mailcap

I can't find any reference to use_mailcap in the muttrc or man muttrc -
where is it please?

> Could be a permissions issue with mutt being unable to read the mailcap
> file of course.

That's what I thought, but i'm running everythign as user ian, which is
who owns .mailcap:

[ian@buzz:~]$ ls -la .mailcap
-rw-r--r--   1 ian      users          30 Apr 10 14:19 .mailcap

Thanks

Ian