Hi,

* Simon White [04/11/02 19:46:13 CEST] wrote:
> 11-Apr-02 at 12:21, David Champion ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote :

> I always hit L to reply to lists, and hope that Mutt will reply as
> intended. This usually means a CC: to the person that posted as long as
> they set up their headers that way. The inherent advantage of a CC: is
> that the poster usually gets replies back quicker if directly CCd to him,
> since mailing list servers (certainly of big lists) usually have a
> delivery lag of a few minutes. At least from where I'm sitting.

I always hit 'L', too.  But in fact mailing lists (like usenet)  are  no
chatrooms.  So there's no danger that someone could miss anything.   And
I don't receive mail directly but fetch it via my pop3 account.  With  a
delay of a few minutes I perhaps  get  a  message  an  hour  later  than
without. But I get it.

> I don't like non list members just hopping in and hoping to be replied
> back to directly, because this is not far from people replying back to ME
> rather than the list if they have any questions. This is what I most
> object to, and this is why I would prefer they were ON the list in the
> first place.

Yes. If someone has a question, he/she has  to be subscribed to the list
for the time it takes for the question to answered.  This should  be  no
problem because subscription/unsubscription is automated.

Cheers, Rocco.