There are also some reasons why not to cc: to person when replying to
list. I prefer to receive msgs in list order. Generally, mailing lists
do not have the highest priority in a work day, thus I read/reply when I
have time (like now at 01:20 I should be in bed...). Duplicate removal
removes the copy received later, which is generally the list one, but I
prefer to keep the list msg. A lag of a few minutes - oh wow, can't
handle that :) Plus I so far didn't spend the time setting up duplicate
removal. As I get my copy from the list, I can't see any useful reason
why I'd want another one.

Of course, if someone requests to be cc:ed I do that, this is often the
case for developers' lists where someone wants to report a bug and
catch the answers but doesn't want to subscribe to the often
high-volume list itself.

My OT 2 (and as they're now) cents...

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann, list0570 at paradise dot net dot nz
http://volker.orcon.net.nz/             Please do not CC list postings to me.