11-Apr-02 at 12:55, Ian Chilton ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote :
> > Sorry, no. Mailing lists are mailing lists.
> > Participation is expected, not
> > just one way communication.
>
> Actually, the custom is to reply to the person and CC to the list :-)

Not on this list, if I take precedents I have seen from other members to
be the netiquette for this list...

> > however if you set it explicitly look at use_mailcap
>
> I can't find any reference to use_mailcap in the muttrc or man muttrc -
> where is it please?

In the manual, /usr/local/doc/mutt/manual.txt by default.

> That's what I thought, but i'm running everythign as user ian, which is
> who owns .mailcap:
>
> [ian@buzz:~]$ ls -la .mailcap
> -rw-r--r--   1 ian      users          30 Apr 10 14:19 .mailcap

Exactly the same permissions I have. Is links in the $PATH?

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. [EMAIL PROTECTED] GIMPS:66.97% see www.mersenne.org]
UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius