On Tue 16 at 04:43 PM -0600, "s. keeling" <keel...@nucleus.com> wrote:

> Why are you doing this?  In mutt, I hit "r", and emacs fires up with
> the contents of the email I'm replying to.  What are you doing that
> improves or differs from that, and why are you needing to stuff a
> macro to do it?

For reply with quoting, you're absolutely right.  I can comment-out the
two macros for RWQ and list-RWQ and get the exact thing I get with them.

So I'll get rid of them. (And thanks for your prodding.)  I think when
I set them long ago, the cursor wasn't placing itself where I wanted it,
and instead of fixing that correctly, I wrote a quick macro to be done with
it, since that was what I knew how to do (incorectly, as it turns out, but
enough to get them to work).  It was a quick fix.

There may also, for all I know, be a one-keypress solution for reply with
*no* quoting, but until I find out what it is, I'll leave my macros for
that in place.

> I'm just trying to understand the situation, and I'm not seeing why
> you're going to such lengths for something that I think is already
> there.  :-|

No, that's fine -- I appreciate it.

---