It's not so much that MySQL goes with PHP as much as PHP goes with
MySQL.  PHP applications are, for the most part, not that ambitious
and mysql is simply the most accessible database with the best
developed API.

I have developed applications using MySQL as a back end under a huge
number of environments/frameworks/languages.  Don't limit yourself to
PHP just because it is perceived to be common practice.

 - michael dykman

I have used MySQL as a database in a huge variety of environments

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Daevid Vincent <dae...@daevid.com> wrote:

> [...]

 - michael dykman
 - mdyk...@gmail.com

 May the Source be with you.