Steve Meyers wrote:

> The MySQL source is under the GPL.  Any fork must also be under the
> GPL.  You may sell your forked MySQL, but you must also provide the
> source code.

Is it really, now?

What are the rules about "bundling" now? If we distribute a (standalone)
copy of MySQL with our product, does that expose our product to the GPL? Or
is it just like distributing a copy of Emacs with your OS? (I.e. as long as
you make the source available, it doesn't automatically GPL the rest of
your OS?)

What if the product is designed to work with many databases, but we want to
distribute MySQL only as a "default database" (i.e. it doesn't depend on
MySQL for its functionality - it's merely a convenience)? Does that change
the GPL liability on our product?

Who can answer these questions?
--
Shankar.