Hi Shankar,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shankar Unni" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> What are the rules about "bundling" now? If we distribute a
(standalone)
> copy of MySQL with our product, does that expose our product to the
GPL? Or
> is it just like distributing a copy of Emacs with your OS? (I.e. as
long as
> you make the source available, it doesn't automatically GPL the rest
of
> your OS?)

> What if the product is designed to work with many databases, but we
want to
> distribute MySQL only as a "default database" (i.e. it doesn't depend
on
> MySQL for its functionality - it's merely a convenience)? Does that
change
> the GPL liability on our product?

There is a recently rewritten section of the manual about this:
  http://www.mysql.com/doc/L/i/Licensing_and_Support.html
The licensing subsection has some examples on when a commercial license
is required and when it is not.
You will also find contact info there, in case you have more questions.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Arjen.

--