Hi.

  >This didn't seem to make it to the list the first time so let's try
again.  BTW is anybody else
  >receiving each mail twice from the list?

It did, it's just that no one answered it. :]
Not me, the last time I thought that was happening, it had to do with my
mail sorting rules in Outlook.

  >I am getting the same error message "configure: error: cannot run test
program while cross compiling".  I think
  >this a simple PATH issue where basic functions such as sprintf are not
found.

It's been a while since I tried to compile mysql on a Solaris box, but that
error most like likely indicates a compiler-related issue...I don't know how
much help I can be with this, but one thing missing from your earlier post
is what arguments (if any) you passed to ./configure. I'd be interested to
see those if you could post them.

I was just about to hit send, when I got curious and found something:
This page (http://www.mysql.com/doc/S/o/Solaris.html) says to add a line to
your config.cache, and also has recommended configure arguments.

hth.
-ravi.