[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> It seems to me that this person commits only two crimes.
> First, English is not their native language, which means
> that people have to stop and think a bit in order to
> understand the question. And secondly, this person does
> not use the status-symbol brand of router that many
> chest-thumpers on the list use. Therefore this person
> is an OUTSIDER who must be chased away to preserve the
> integrity of the tribe.

If you can exaggerate ("must be chased away to preserve the integrity of
the tribe" isn't what I'm after, rather moving these two particular
questions to another forum), I can extrapolate: MTU on DSL plus two
default gateways strongly suggests (to me) home user and not network
operator.  Not to recommend a site where you have to pay (at least
initially), but there are constant (perhaps three per day) postings on
Experts Exchange (http://www.experts-exchange.com) on "how do I hook my
<widgets-of-all-flavors> to two cable modems for [more speed|redundancy]
etc., including how to host servers behind said widget.

There are existing resources out there that solve this person's
problems, and solve them well.  NANOG already has boundaries (spam
filtering at the mail server level sounds like an obvious one, but other
security topics might be another that's referred to more topical
lists/sites), and I think 9,000 list members don't come here to do home
user tech support, they come for other reasons.

pt