Yes, the copper one. It is smaller than the production watch, it also
is not sealed in any way, there's a big hole in the front where water,
dirt, metal filings, etc can enter. The reason it took so long to
design the "real" watch is that it's a difficult design problem, the
idea of using a screw on, round cover was a novel thing for a
wristwatch, afaik. The size/shape of the components suggests the watch
should be rectangular....but it's kinda difficult to figure out how to
package it in a housing that can be made "simply", without having to
invest in a lot of custom tooling. I happen to think it's a nice
design, but then I have a pretty good understanding of the design
constraints.