I've used the same card recently. 3dfx has a link on their site under drivers
to the site http://glide.xxedgexx.com which has the RPM's you will need to
download.  I downloaded the following:

Glide_V3-2.60-6.i386.rpm
Device3Dfx-2.2-3.src.rpm  This is optional but recommended
XFree86_3DFX-SVGA-3.3.3-5.i386.rpm
XFree86_3DFX-XF86Setup-3.3.3-5.i386.rpm

I did:
rpm -Uvh Glide_V3-2.60-6.i386.rpm

for the next command you need the C compiler/libs to be installed
rpm --rebuild Device3Dfx-2.2.-3.src.rpm
rpm -Uvh /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i386/Device3Dfx-2.2-3.i386.rpm

rpm -Uvh XFree86-SVGA-3.3.3-5.i386.rpm
rpm -Uvh XFree86-XF86Setup-3.3.3-5.i386.rpm

You can't use Xconfigurator to setup X anymore. Use XF86Setup. On the card page
it will have the Voodoo cards listed.

The one problem I had was I entered the Vert. & Horiz. specs for my
monitor(Viewsonic 15GS) and when I ran X the display was not stable. I had to
run XFSetup again and choose 1024x768 at 70Hz for the monitor then I had no
problems running at 1024x768 with 16bit color.

scottw

On 14-Aug-99 RReed wrote:
> I am very new to linux and just installed mandrake 6.0.
> I am having 1 problem and have read and tried everything i could to fix it.
> I have a p2 400 system with 128 M ram a voodoo3 2000 video card and an ast
> sabre monitor.
> The vid card and monitor can support up to 1280x1024 32 bit.
> For some reason or another the xwindows (startx) will only start in 8bpp
> 320x200
> I have tried nearly all settings in xf86config and xconfigurator.
> If someone has any way to help me please feel free.. I greatly need the
> help.
> I have tried to get the archived mail from this list but there is nothing
> there.. it reads 0 in the index :(
>
> Thank you very much for any help you can give a very fresh newbie to linux.
>
> Ron Reed

E-Mail: scott worley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 14-Aug-99
Time: 15:07:54

This message was sent by XFMail