On Tuesday 16 Jul 2002 6:51 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 15 Jul 2002 10:52 pm, you wrote:
> > Anne Wilson wrote:
> > >During the evening my machine has got slower and slower, and now it
> > > takes almost a minute to open any application.  I have logged out, and
> > > even halted, but it persists.
> > >
> > >During the bootup messages I briefly saw something to the effect that a
> > >compressed image had been found and was being uncompressed.  Is this
> > >significant?
> > >
> > >How, using Process Management, can I identify the process(es) causing my
> > >problem, so that I can hang up?
SNIP

Well those processes look OK
If booting takes the normal time, but everything in KDE is slow. It might be
worth trying a different KDE account or a different Window Manager. It is
possible I suppose that your account may be screwed in some way ?

If Linux is taking a lot longer to boot it might be something more fundamental
such as a Hard Drive problem. I dont know if the syslog would show such
problems, but it would not hurt to look.

derek