I have a problem with Linux Mandrae 6.0 (Venus).  When I boot
up my computer, the BIOS reads that I have 65535 K of ram (64 megs).
However, when I reach the Shell Log In screen, the system reports that
I have only 16 megs of RAM.

        What's the deal?  what do I do to make it detect my 64 megs of
RAM?

        I am using the default kernel (I think it's 2.2.2-17), an AMD-K6
233, on a Tyan Tomcat motherboard.  I have four 8 meg RAM chips.

        Also, when I recently tried to reinstall, the system kicks
me out with a "Signal 3" error.  I don't remember what the exact
message is anymore, since I'm now reinstalling Windows 95 until I
can get a good book (or a reply from this mailing list).

        Eventually, I want to network two computers for Internet
Sharing of a Cable Modem (yep, IP Masquerading), and I know that
Windows is paltry for that, but I can't even get PPP working in
KDE yet (I have the update on my drive here, if only I can get a
disk).  I'm also hoping to get file sharing working as well, and
I ultimately hope to get a small web server up for a personal
web page.

        So I'll come back and ask about those sorts of things when
I can get Linux detecting my RAM properly.

        (Side note, I used to be subscribed as "Digest" when the
mail flow got too high, but that way, I couldn't seem to post!
Arrgh!!!)

--
/-|rcana