Oh my.

Well, perhaps I am completely misunderstanding you, but I think that you
are very confused as to what is what, which is ok, but sort of hard to do
through email.  I highly reccomend you find a book or manual or install
guide to help you through other problems and acquaint yourself with the
system.

The prompt

[caymen@localhost]$

is your shell prompt.  This is the system saying, "What can I do for
you?", waiting for you to type in commands.  You have successfully logged
in at that point and can begin doing useful things.  Note that this has
nothing to do with any accounts anywhere else, like at your ISP or
whereever your email is.  To get to another account, to for example check
your email at the ISP, you have to somehow connect to that machine and log
in there.  You can try typing at the prompt ( [caymen@localhost]$ )
something like "telnet blah.blah.com" where you fill in the address of
your ISP.  If you connect to that machine, it will probably ask you for a
login/password as well, but that is seperate from whatever accounts are on
your own machine.

As far as getting kde to run and all that, at the prompt where you've
logged in to your machine, try typing "startx".  That may or may not bring
up a big graphical sort of thing like windows (forgive me linux gods!)
depending on how you installed things when putting in linux.

Once again, I'd really reccomend that if you want to use Mandrake or other
flavours of linux, you get a printed manual or boxed set so that you can
get installation support and instructions if you have never used a
UNIX-like OS before.  Otherwise, try not to get frustrated if it's not
going well, sometimes there's a lot to learn.

Later,
 David

"Without the Law, there is no Liberty.  Without Justice, there is no Law."