On Friday 06 September 2002 06:10 am, Peregrinf wrote:
------------snip---------------
> I do miss a couple of my Windoze apps -- notably Pegasus for e-mail
> and PaintShop Pro. I may spring for Crossover Office so I can use

You might want to check out win4lin (if you already own win 98 etc.)
they currently have a great deal ($49.00).
http://www.netraverse.com/
http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Entry17c?CID=0&SID=40113&SP=10007&PN=5&PID=378897

I've used alot of my win 98 progs (including office2000, photoshop,
cinema4d) w/ no problems. Its main drawbacks are:

1. lack of directx/direct draw which mostly shows up in games.
2. You need a winders license (win95, 98, 98se, me) and installation
disk
3. Only 1 session of windows may be running at a time.
4. Newest kernel support may lag just a bit
5. usb support is through linux (ie winders would not find your usb
camera

Main plusses are:
It often seems to run faster than win98 on the same machine.
no need to dual boot.
Programs install and run quickly.

I'm a satisfied user, even at the $90.00 I paid.
--
dh