On Monday 09 Sep 2002 2:18 pm, Marco Verheul wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a tool to convert my own audio cd's into mp3 files. All
> suggestions/recommendations are welcome...
>
> Regards, Marco

Grip
It is on your CDs
Out of the box it will rip into ogg format which is better quality with
smaller files than mp3. Just select Config>MP3>encoder= oggenc

Mandrake do not supply the library needed for mp3 encoding because it is
subject to a patent, but if you download and install the lame-encoder  RPM
from here
ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/contrib/texstar/Mandrake-8.2/RPMS

Then in grip select Config>MP3>encoder = lame

HTH

derek