> Hi there Damian,
>
> You used the RPM's from that site, and compiled MPlayer yourself, or did
> you use a pre-compiled MPlayer? It's just that I'm too lazy to test it all
> out due to lack of time. As I said, I am writing a guide how to rip a DVD
> (16:9) to DivX using mencoder / libavcodec / liblame, and although I always
> advise to recompile everything, it's interesting to know if users have
> other experiences with pre-compiled binaries.
>
> Greetings
> Ralph

Hi.

i have used precompiled RPM's for MPlayer once or twice and i have found
out that the developers were right about them.

This app seems to need a lot of optimization, as the RPM packages did
work slower. and to answer your question: nope. i never encoded using
a precompiled mencoder. i like being pretty much on the bleeding edge
with MPlayer, and recompile from CVS pretty often. The reason is
that it evolves so fast...

see ya.

Damian

--
boot into windows?
what has smashing glass with footwear got to do with Operating systems?