On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Derek Jennings wrote:

> Mandrake do not supply the library needed for mp3 encoding because it is
> subject to a patent, but if you download and install the lame-encoder  RPM
> from here
> ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/contrib/texstar/Mandrake-8.2/RPMS

Has anyone had any luck with compiling and using mencoder (MPlayer)  with
this lame-encoder RPM? It's not a question of whether you think it will or
won't, but if actually anyone has successfully installed it, and used it to
succesfully compile and use mencoder to rip.

Sorry, I would test it myself, but I'm a bit pressed for time at the
moment. If noone has, then I will have to test it some time soon when I
have some time.

Any info would be welcome, thanks
Ralph
--