On Tuesday 10 Sep 2002 9:19 pm, Damian G wrote:

> i have used precompiled RPM's for MPlayer once or twice and i have found
> out that the developers were right about them.
>
> This app seems to need a lot of optimization, as the RPM packages did
> work slower. and to answer your question: nope. i never encoded using
> a precompiled mencoder. i like being pretty much on the bleeding edge
> with MPlayer, and recompile from CVS pretty often. The reason is
> that it evolves so fast...

I have a few problem with MPlayer.

One I have mdk 82 avifiles as below.
libavifile0.7-0.7.7-0.20020528.1mdk
libavifile0.7-devel-0.7.7-0.20020528.1mdk
avifile-player-0.7.7-0.20020528.1mdk
Still libavcodec is not taken while compiling.

Sound is not captured  when using v4l device.

I will be thankful if you can reply how to recompress to various formats?
sample commans with options pl.
--
L.V.Gandhi
203, Soundaryalahari Apartments, Lawsons Bay colony, Visakhapatnam, 530017