On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 21:12:40 -0700 (PDT)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (dfox) wrote:

> > Has anyone had any luck with compiling and using mencoder (MPlayer)  with
> > this lame-encoder RPM? It's not a question of whether you think it will or
>
> It appears people have :).
>
> I have never tried mencoder - I don't have any dvd hardware on the

uhmm.. no DVD needed to test it, you can try recompressing regular movie files,
too. i have used it in the past to recompress .MPG files into DivX 5, and
it works beautifully. i can recompress/change format easier, faster than with
any other program i have tried ( Adobe Premiere 6 and Ulead Media Studio just to
name two of them) and the resulting quality ( especially when changing
resolution/ scaling or converting framerates ) is unmatched.

Damian

--
boot into windows?
what has smashing glass with footwear got to do with Operating systems?