Michael Notforyou wrote:

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 16:58, joe wrote:

I wanted to thank everyone for their helpful suggestions and pose some
related questions: I tried to install XP in my fat32 partition, but it
refused to install there. Does XP want to be the first partition on a
disk (starting from cylinder 0)?

I don't think it particularly cares. It does, however, need to be in a
primary partition (not a "Logical DOS Drive in an Extended DOS
Partition" as MS Fdisk calls it).

Will I have to delete my / partition

and re-install mandrake after XP? or...

Is there anyway for me to move my mandrake partitions without losing
data, and if so how? I thought I remembered reading that diskdrake could
do something like this (when resizing), but do not see any options for
moving partitions. Again, TIA.