On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Thomas & Peter wrote:

> I am a total newbie. I've  had a computer for 1 1/2 years.  I never
> worked with Dos. I got sick of Win 98 always crashing.  I have
> everything running  except my sound card.
> I am running Mandrake 6.0 and my sound card is a Sound Blaster Live. I
> went to their download site and downloaded the driver.  It has two ways
> to execute it, automatic and manuel.  When I try to use its self
> install. I get the error "can only run executibles on local disks only".
> I thought that was what my hard drive was.  I even tried to install it
> the manul way but had no luck at that either.
> Creative is not offering any help for linux at this time. Do you have
> any suggestions.
>
> Thomas

See the archive list for really really in depth step by step for setting
up your sblive. The error your getting is because you need to copy the
files out of the tarball, go up one directory, tab to the other window
change to your ~/tmp directory, tab back to the other window, highlight
the directory name and punch F5 and it'll extract it into the other dir.
No do what ever yo were trying todo inside the tarball.

--
MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon