This one is a little beyond me. I do not know if the seg fault matters
or not. But it may be indicating a problem developing. Do you use
another OS on the same machine, and if so, do you get the same problem
at shutdown? If not, you could be experiencing file corruption under
Linux, and maybe a new install could fix things up ok. Hopefully,
someone else has greater knowledge on this subject, and can be of help.
I think a seg fault could meaan a flakey mem chip, but if so, it would
show up in another OS as well. Thats why I asked the previous question
about the other OS. Don't get upset about hardware just yet, and see if
the trouble can be fixed with the software. Sorry I couldn't be any help
this time,

Ernie