At 06:59 PM 2/13/2003 +0700, you wrote:

btw thanks to FemmeFatale for the warning re Partition
Magic - I had come across that one before, dual booting
NT and 98. The workaround IIRC is to not ask PM to do
too many things at once: just because it will let you
queue up 12 or 14 tasks, it's not a good idea. In my
case, it took 5 reboots to get the partitions resized
and shuffled around the way I wanted them.

It's worth saying once again:
thanks to all who replied - I've had a couple of goes
at getting a Linux of one kind or other going, and this
is the most success I've had so far...

--
Merlin Zener
NP luv.  Glad it worked out!

FemmeFatale

Good Decisions You boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert