On Friday 21 Mar 2003 4:30 pm, Richard Urwin wrote:
> On Friday 21 Mar 2003 4:18 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> >... I find it very easy to use.  I like the ability
> > to add a directory, check the size of the burn, exclude inessentials for
> > a later burn if it's too big, and so on.  I have K3b installed, and it's
> > pretty, but somehow I can't use it with the same ease.  That's great,
> > though, for tasks such as burning an iso, so there advantages in having
> > both.
> >
> > Anne
>
> GCombust has a button that suggests which directories to remove to shrink
> the image down below the size of the CD while wasting the minimum amount of
> space.

That sounds useful

> What would be useful is if you could mark those directories as not in the
> current image, but have them hang around until you did the next burn, so
> you don't forget which ones you've done, or more likely, haven't.

Excluded files/subdirectories are clearly marked with a red arrow in the
selection page, which can be returned to when you've finished.  (Since it can
eject at the end of the burn, you can just keep the program open.)  I then
note down those excluded ones, clear the list, and start by putting those at
the head of the list.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302