On Friday 21 Mar 2003 4:33 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 21 Mar 2003 4:30 pm, Richard Urwin wrote:
> > On Friday 21 Mar 2003 4:18 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > >... I find it very easy to use.  I like the ability
> > > to add a directory, check the size of the burn, exclude inessentials
> > > for a later burn if it's too big, and so on.  I have K3b installed, and
> > > it's pretty, but somehow I can't use it with the same ease.  That's
> > > great, though, for tasks such as burning an iso, so there advantages in
> > > having both.
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > GCombust has a button that suggests which directories to remove to shrink
> > the image down below the size of the CD while wasting the minimum amount
> > of space.
>
> That sounds useful
>
> > What would be useful is if you could mark those directories as not in the
> > current image, but have them hang around until you did the next burn, so
> > you don't forget which ones you've done, or more likely, haven't.
>
> Excluded files/subdirectories are clearly marked with a red arrow in the
> selection page, which can be returned to when you've finished.  (Since it
> can eject at the end of the burn, you can just keep the program open.)  I
> then note down those excluded ones, clear the list, and start by putting
> those at the head of the list.
>
> Anne

Almost perfect! But why not a "clear all but excluded files" button.

GCombust can only delete them out of the image, and since they're
automatically chosen I'd imagine that they'd be scattered throughout the
image - so a lot of writing. It can save the current file list, but not the
marked subset of it, or invert the selection. Either of those would have been
enough. I suppose it's open source. If I wanted it badly enough I'd add it.

--
Richard Urwin