On Wednesday 02 Apr 2003 18:59, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 Apr 2003 6:47 pm, Miark wrote:
> > This was the direction of my question. I can't think of a more
> > difficult way to burn Knoppix than jumping through these hoops. I'd
> > just download the ISO (which I'm doing now, seeing as 3.2 is out).
>
> You're probably right, Miark <g>  But as you know, the bull-terrier in
> me will not let go.  I'm still puzzled by this.  The instructions in
> Linux Format gave c/l instructions for both burning an iso image and
> skipping the image. The gui instructions were for XCDRoast, and I though
> I had followed them to the letter, and it even gave a couple of screen
> shots.  You wouldn't have thought I could go wrong.   I cheated in the
> end, and burned using Nero, but I'd still like to know.
>
> Anne

Anne

In XCDRoast
1) you first set up a directory, in 'Settings'>'HD Settings' which will
contain your ISO image

2)click 'create CD', click 'master tracks', select files you want to
include in right hand window (File/Directory View) click 'add' and files
appear in left hand window (session view)

3)click 'create session/image' tab, click 'master to image file' (this is
in the directory you set up in 1)

4)click 'write tracks' (at side), click 'write tracks' (at bottom)

Eh Voila, note you may also need to look through all the myriad of other
options along the way to be sure they are ok, eg things like rockridge or
joliet.

--
HTH

Pete