Anne Wilson wrote:

On Thursday 03 Apr 2003 11:09 am, Douglas Bainbridge wrote:

<snip>
I've had problems with XCDroast,trying to copy data files. Following all
those steps (disabling all the rockridge, joliet options except the one
recommended for backup CDs) I was able to write out OK only on one
occasion.
Ever since then, everything goes fine until the actual burning, when it
terminates prematurely, having written for about 0.06s.Doesn't seem to
make any difference whether I try single or multi-session, CD-R or
CD-RW.
Any ideas?
(Sorry I can't give the exact error message - I don't have that PC here;
it's about 700 miles away)

I've never had problems with burning data disks until I tried to burn this bootable one, which is why I thought it was linked with the boot image. I normally add directories and files to the list, excluding unnecessary ones if the collection is too big. If the last tab can calculate the sum without errors they burn fine - though it pays to burn at slowish speeds - 8x is right for most people. I don't burn to an image, I burn straight to disk, and it works.

Anne

Just a thought, maybe nothing, but you didn't mention doing the MB sum part of the preparation, in master tracks , I think it does more than the obvious.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]