On Thursday 03 Apr 2003 11:09 am, Douglas Bainbridge wrote:
> <snip>
> I've had problems with XCDroast,trying to copy data files. Following all
> those steps (disabling all the rockridge, joliet options except the one
> recommended for backup CDs) I was able to write out OK only on one
> occasion.
> Ever since then, everything goes fine until the actual burning, when it
> terminates prematurely, having written for about 0.06s.Doesn't seem to
> make any difference whether I try single or multi-session, CD-R or
> CD-RW.
> Any ideas?
> (Sorry I can't give the exact error message - I don't have that PC here;
> it's about 700 miles away)

I've never had problems with burning data disks until I tried to burn this
bootable one, which is why I thought it was linked with the boot image.  I
normally add directories and files to the list, excluding unnecessary ones if
the collection is too big.  If the last tab can calculate the sum without
errors they burn fine - though it pays to burn at slowish speeds - 8x is
right for most people.  I don't burn to an image, I burn straight to disk,
and it works.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302