<snip>

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 21:54, Peter Watson wrote:

> In XCDRoast
> 1) you first set up a directory, in 'Settings'>'HD Settings' which will
> contain your ISO image
>
> 2)click 'create CD', click 'master tracks', select files you want to
> include in right hand window (File/Directory View) click 'add' and files
> appear in left hand window (session view)
>
> 3)click 'create session/image' tab, click 'master to image file' (this is
> in the directory you set up in 1)
>
> 4)click 'write tracks' (at side), click 'write tracks' (at bottom)
>
> Eh Voila, note you may also need to look through all the myriad of other
> options along the way to be sure they are ok, eg things like rockridge or
> joliet.

I've had problems with XCDroast,trying to copy data files. Following all
those steps (disabling all the rockridge, joliet options except the one
recommended for backup CDs) I was able to write out OK only on one
occasion.
Ever since then, everything goes fine until the actual burning, when it
terminates prematurely, having written for about 0.06s.Doesn't seem to
make any difference whether I try single or multi-session, CD-R or
CD-RW.
Any ideas?
(Sorry I can't give the exact error message - I don't have that PC here;
it's about 700 miles away)

DougB