On Wednesday 02 Jul 2003 10:03 am, Huw Blackwell wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Had an earlier posting on this list with a problem compiling
> kdelibs-3.1-58mdk.src.rpm targetting athlon architecture. After some
> trouble I traced the faults (with the help of some other linux users,
> including Stephen Kuhn - thanks!) to two missing package dependencies
> NOT asked for when rebuilt. They are
>
> libgdbm2-devel-1.8
> kdelibs-devel-3.1-58
>
> In the interests of the linux community (and other peoples sanity) I
> would like to report these so it is not a problem in the future.
>
> How do I do that?
>
> As far as I understand, the cooker mailing list and bugzilla are for
> cooker only, not the current release.
>
> So what do I do?
>
> Huw

Actually I do not think there is anything wrong that needs reporting.
The spec file contained within an RPM contains the list of dependent packages
for the *binary* RPM not the packages needed to compile from src.  If you
were to add those two '-devel' packages to the spec file then they would be
necessary to install the binary RPM.

I think it is expected that people building RPMs from source should know how
to resolve the compiling dependencies themselves.

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net