Once again Joe, we find ourselves at the opposite end of
the spectrum..

so you are saying that any creative works that is not a
painting
or sculture or other (real world item) has no value??

so Lord of the rings should have always been free because
its just
"information"???

I actually write small programs, and most often I give them
away
for free.. but not always..

If I spend alot of time working on a script, i reserve the
right to
charge for it if I want to.. after all, I spend the hours
and hours
writing it.

Also, if 1000's of people start handing a script I wrote
that is not
free to all their mates..

I am just a small guy, I can't afford to do anything about
it.
So they would all get away with it..

I know you probably don't care.. because you didn't spend
days working
on it..  but having something I worked so hard on totally
devalued makes
me very angry..

If I give it away for free like I normally do, thats fine,
it was my
choice.. but to have you decide its "information" and just
hand it out
is wrong and since I can't afford to go after anyone for it,
they would
all get away with it if there were not laws protecting me.

So what is the answer Joe, you can't have it both ways..
should we all
stop programmign potentially useful software because its not
worth
anything... or should we have the right to own what we
create just like
a person that creates a sculpture or paints a picture etc...

Does translation to 1's and 0's make something worthless?
because the same can be done for your genitical profile....
:-)

regards

Franki
htmlfixit.com