On Tuesday 22 July 2003 04:18 pm, JoeHill wrote:
> No, I don't appreciate being treated with disdain by someone whom I have
> gone *out of my way* to be nice to, to help, to treat as a friend.
>
> You only get one chance with me, unfortunately, in that kind of
> situation.
>
> So, fuck off.

ok, so now i have a question....where is the REAL newbie linux list?  you
know, the list where people try to help other people out when they can't
figure something out on their own?  personally, i don't mind things going
onto a tangent and things other than linux (or whatever the list may be for)
being brought up (for this list i would think anything computer related
whether it be software, hardware, news, lawsuits, etc).  but the name calling
and all this other BS is just too much.  i understand expressing your views
on something, but telling someone to "fuck off" really makes me wonder if i'm
on the right mailing list or not.  having opinions and knowing how to express
them is a wonderful thing to be able to do, but i believe that in
kindergarten they start teaching you to not call people names or the like
when you don't agree with them or their views.

hey, i'm not perfect, i'm not on a soapbox, i'm not preaching, but this is
turning into childish non-sense.  grow up or go to aol or yahoo chat rooms to
bicker with people and act like children.  i'm on this list to try to learn
something and get tips/pointers/help when i'm stuck on whatever it may be
that i can't do on my own....not to feel like i'm reading a transcription of
my children arguing with each other.

i have a feeling joe doesn't like me either based on his reply to what i
posted about common sense when that kazaa thread started going way off topic.
i don't think he knows what common sense is, as noted by the comments he just
directed to Anne.  joe, if you feel so inclined to give me the same response
as you just gave to anne, do it "offlist" as to not clog everyone else's
mailboxes up with utter garbage and non-sense.  you won't hurt my feelings or
make me bitter by doing so either.

can we get back to linux and other computer related stuff now?

Mike