On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:49:23 +0100
Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> I wonder if there's a catch we don't know about, or whether it's just
> that they think they'll never get anywhere without the contract.  It
> seems to be an ideal answer, but obviously many artists aren't
> convinced.

More and more artists are going this route. This is what frightens the
RIAA so very much, their whole business is based on promotion and
distribution.

Chuck D. from Public Enemy is a real pioneer in this area, but there are
many others:

http://www.boycott-riaa.com/artists/

--
Joehill